[TYPO3-dev] linkvalidator's memory footprint

Philipp Gampe typo3.lists at philippgampe.info
Fri Jul 22 13:21:53 CEST 2011

Christian Lerrahn wrote:

> Why does linkvalidator use up that much RAM? Does it possibly hold
> stuff in memory where there is no need to?

Might be, the code is not optimal, but I think the real problem is that you
are checking a link that links to a large file.

Do to some problems with web servers not supporting HTTP/HEAD (e.g.
amazon.com) we have to use GET on the links. But this loads the whole link
into memory. So if you link to a large file, you are in trouble :/

If this is the case, you might want to try df_tools for externals links, as
this checks each link individually and I think you can blacklist links
there.
You can use linkvalidator for all other links then.

Best regards
--
Philipp Gampe