[TYPO3-dev] Creating a new Category (besides web, user, admin, ...) for a BE-Module

Thomas F. thomas.fricke at werkraum.net
Wed Jul 13 10:06:31 CEST 2011

Am 13.07.2011 08:48, schrieb Christian Weiske:
> Hello Thomas,
>

>> But we need the module to appear in its own category; not under
>> "Web", "Admin", "Tools" or whatsoever.
>> I've taken a good look around (i suppose) and tried adapting the old
>> TYPO3-behavior to my Extbase extension, meaning i tried using the
>> ext_tables.php t3lib_extMgm::addModule-Function. But the problem - as
>> i soon discovered - seems to be that this is just not adaptable (as
>> the addModule()-function uses the module's path inside the extension
>> as a parameter... but in Extbase there just is no such path).
> This is the code I use to add a new main and a submodule:
>
>      // Add main module
>      t3lib_extMgm::addModule(
>          //'web', 'txfooImport', '',
>          'foo', '', '',
>          t3lib_extMgm::extPath($_EXTKEY) . 'mod_main/'
>      );
>      // Add sub module
>      t3lib_extMgm::addModule(
>          'av', 'txfooImport', '',
>          t3lib_extMgm::extPath($_EXTKEY) . 'mod_import/'
>      );
>
> The mod_main dir needs to contain a conf.php specifying the module
> settings - nothing more:
>> define('TYPO3_MOD_PATH', '../typo3conf/ext/foo/mod_main/');
>> $BACK_PATH = '../../../../typo3/';
>> $MCONF['name'] = 'foo';
>> $MCONF['access'] = 'user,group';
>> $MCONF['script'] = '_DISPATCH';
>> $MCONF['defaultMod'] = 'txfooImport';
>> $MLANG['default']['ll_ref'] =
>> 'LLL:EXT:foo/res/locallang_mod_main.xml';
> The mod_import dir also needs to contain a conf.php, and you can
> directly tell which script is to be used:
>> $MCONF['script'] = 'index.php';
> You could add those directories to your extension (does not harm
> anyone) or make the script your extbase's mod script.
Oh, thank you so much! This looks quite like the old behavior, but it
seems as if my guess was just wrong that it could not be adapted/used.
Thanks! I'll try and give feedback.

Am 13.07.2011 09:41, schrieb Dmitry Dulepov:
> Hi!
>
> Thomas F. wrote:
>> i've got a question. The situation is: i'm programming an Extbase
>> extension (a backend module making tt_news and directmail work together
>> and adding some own functionality), which works quite well (thanks to
>> the Extbase team!).
>
> Your question went under "Fetching/Pushing from Gerrit over HTTP".
> Most likely you used "Reply" button to create a new post. Please,
> never do that. Your post is not visible as a topmost post now and much
> less people will read it. Always use "New" button to make top-level
> posts.
Indeed, you are right. Thanks for that kind hint - i was thinking that
my Thunderbird mailclient got some displaying error which made my post
show up under the message of Steffen Gebert. Of course i did not want to
mess up his post, so sorry for that. Won't happen again :-)

Just to explain: I thought that the title of the message is the only
thing used to categorize a newspost entry. As my message showed up in
the wrong place, i even checked the source/header of my reply-mail to
see whether something else is sent which might categorize my post.

--
Best regards/Viele Grüße,
thomas fricke