[TYPO3-dev] Show progress in backend module

Steffen Kamper info at sk-typo3.de
Sat Jan 8 00:43:22 CET 2011

Hi,

Am 07.01.2011 23:14, schrieb Oliver Klee:
> Hi,
>
> Am 07.01.2011 20:50, schrieb Christian Kuhn:
>> Another example extension is phpunit, which shows a progress bar when
>> executing the tests. I have no idea on how this is done there ;)
>
> It's done the same way the old EM does (e.g., by outputting lots of
> small JavaScript snippets that update the progress bar), and I intend to
> change this to a different method: As I still have lots of
> piece-by-piece output (the results for the single tests), I'd like to
> have a JavaScript timer that just calculates the percent done each e.g.,
> .1 seconds.

i also wouldn't use this technique, it's very error-proned.
The best is to split rendering in junks and use ajax request to generate
content, update with javascript. This way you also have the chance to
interrupt.
One example you'll find in new extension manager with checking /
updating translations.

vg Steffen