[TYPO3-dev] I can't read the values from ext_conf_template.txt

Leen Strijk leenstrijk at tomaatnet.nl
Mon Feb 28 20:03:39 CET 2011

Hi,

I put the values in ext_conf_template.txt example:

plugin.myExtension {
  # cat=tx_myExtension_pi1/file; type=string; label= Upload Path : The
upload path for the templatefiles
uploadPath = uploads/tx_jobboard

# cat=myExtension/links; type=int+; label= adminPid: Declare the pid for
the admin page.
adminPid = 88
and so on

I tried getting the values from the class.extension.pi1 file with:
$this->configuration =
unserialize($GLOBALS['TYPO3_CONF_VARS']['EXT']['extConf']['myExtension']);
I tried it also in localconf.php from the ext folder.

I can see the values in the constant editor, and in the constants part
of the typoscript object browser. I can't see them in the ext manager.

Because i lack experience I have been doing alot of trial and error so i
tried things with myExtension and pi_myExtension_pi1
So far I have got things working with setup typoscript, and with
flexforms. Then I wanted to practice with the constant editor, and they
showed up perfectly even seperated with category's and all, but i just
can't call them in the extension script.
Somhow i feel it needs to be declared somewhere.