[TYPO3-dev] [TYPO3-v4] Tomorrow release TYPO3 4.5.2

Ernesto Baschny ernesto.baschny at typo3.org
Thu Feb 24 18:17:35 CET 2011

Ernesto Baschny schrieb am 24.02.2011 15:43:

> we are glad that almost everybody enjoyed our 4.5.1 release yesterday.
> It fixes almost all stuff that were reported since the release of 4.5.0.
>
> But unfortunately some of these fixes also included some regressions
> which affected specific installations. For this reason, we will be
> releasing a *4.5.2* by tomorrow, which will address these topics:
> (...)
> ... maybe more?

Some of the issues being reported seems to be related to PHP opcaches or
stalled typo3conf/temp* files. These include stuff like:

- "Extension key "lang" was NOT loaded"
- PHP Fatal error: Class 't3lib_extjs_ExtDirectApi' not found
- ... and maybe others

To be sure, before reporting an error, please make sure you follow this
routing after you switch the symlink from 4.5.0 to 4.5.1 source:

1) Restart the Webserver / PHP if you are using some PHP opcache
(Xcache, APC, eAccelerator). Maybe you might need to delete old cache
files before doing that, if the module stores cached files in the file
system (check your php.ini settings or output of phpinfo() for this).

2) Delete old typo3conf/temp* files.

3) Clean up your browsers cache and make sure you connect to the backend
using a new session (restart the browser).

After doing that and still being able to reproduce the error, go ahead
and report it in the bug tracker, *if* it hasn't been reported before.
If its already there, just add a comment to it so that we know who
exactly is affected.

Thanks!

Cheers,
Ernesto