[TYPO3-dev] Password reset links breaking - felogin

Simon Child simon at srchild.com
Wed Feb 16 18:52:26 CET 2011

"Oliver Klee" <typo3-german-02 at oliverklee.de> wrote in message
news:mailman.1.1297778692.14073.typo3-dev at lists.typo3.org...

> Am 15.02.2011 14:13, schrieb Jigal van Hemert:

>> IMO this behaviour of mail clients is simply wrong.
>>
>> [1] http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc3986.html
>
> However, encoding the square brackets as %5B and %5D makes the URLs in
> the e-mails no less valid, but allows them to work in most e-mail
> clients. So I think the encoding would make sense and save our clients
> some frustration.

Even when mail clients break RFC, it sitll makes sense to make it easier for
users where possible. (like coding for IE even though IE has never been all
that good at meeting standards :). And it reduces the support calls
too!

And I hadn't thought of realurl because I rarely use that, though have done
on a couple of sites recently. I've always preferred the way that simulate
static gives URLs that don't change (and hence break incoming links) when
pages are moved around thepage tree.

Thanks

Simon