[TYPO3-dev] Plan to migrate extensions from SVN to GIT ?

Steffen Gebert steffen.gebert at typo3.org
Tue Dec 20 08:57:56 CET 2011

Hi,

thanks for your initiative!

 > I believe it has little to do with forge server as git
 > repositories would be hosted on git server (obviously) and we don't
 > necessarily have to integrate it on forge right away.

Sorry, offering git in a large scale requires automation for me - this
esp. includes forge. I know that you're talking of mirrors only. But I
don't want to put so much time in that thing, when lots of other
important things are open. And man-power is definitely a limiting factor
(so thanks again for offering your help!)

 > 3. cron job on git.typo3.org to synchronize (one way only)

IMHO git.typo3.org should only host repositories that are not just
mirrors. Thing is also that git.t3o is run by Gerrit, which would make
the system a bit more complex.
Having it as an own server for really mirroring SVN extensions sounds
IMHO better.

It's personal opinion, we would have to discuss this in the Server Team
and I'm open for more community feedback. If there is interest, we can
of course offer you the server infrastructure.

Kind regards
Steffen

--
Steffen Gebert