[TYPO3-dev] Plan to migrate extensions from SVN to GIT ?

Peter Niederlag typo3-list at niekom.de
Fri Dec 9 11:06:02 CET 2011

Hello,

Am 08.12.2011 09:02, schrieb Adrien Crivelli:
> Hi all,
>
> Is there any plan to migrate all existing extensions from SVN to GIT ?
>
> In our current setup we heavily use svn:externals properties to manage
> extensions. As more of them are now using GIT it's becoming an issue for
> us. We cannot "include" GIT submodule in our "website" SVN repository. The
> only solution I see is to migrate our "website" repository from SVN to GIT
> and then using GIT's submodules. Submodules may then be either native git
> or git-svn repositories. So I am left with one question: who is providing
> the git-svn bridge ?

Just setup your personal git-svn clone of any third party "svn only"
repository/project. 'git svn clone', setup a proper cron for
fetch/rebase/push and and you are done having a git rep to access any
svn project.

As a matter of fact I prefer to use 'git svn' over plain svn in terms of
speed and ease of use anyway.  ;)

As these git svn reposotories are "read only" by design as long as svn
is used as main repository we probably won't provide these for all those
typo3 projects that are still on svn. teams/projects can however request
to be migrated to git.

[...]

Greets,
Peter