[TYPO3-dev] GIT startup

Steffen Gebert steffen.gebert at typo3.org
Sun Dec 18 20:43:24 CET 2011

Hi Andrea,

> I am trying currently to get into GIT setup, but now I am stuck.
> I work with Tortoise GIT on Windows.
I can only really, really advice you to use the command line.
TortoiseGit is IMHO a really cruel probram!

> I have an empty repository and my keys generated:
> http://wiki.typo3.org/Contribution_Walkthrough_with_TortoiseGit
Yes, unfornately nobody finished that walthrough.

> But now I need some advice how to get the inital clone.
You don't need an empty repository (read: you must not have one). You
have to start with cloning.

> I cant find anything that looks like "clone" command in Tortoise Git -
According to this video http://vimeo.com/9984118 it is directly in the
context menu and called clone :)

> And I don't know the Remote URL - I want to add a patch to Version 4.7
Very nice! The URL is git://git.typo3.org/TYPO3v4/Core.git

If you have further trouble, don't hesitate to ask!

Kind regards
Steffen

--
Steffen Gebert