[TYPO3-dev] [TYPO3-v4] Minutes of the 4th meeting of the 4.7 Release Team

Steffen Müller typo3 at t3node.com
Tue Dec 13 13:19:13 CET 2011

Hi.

On 13.12.2011 13:02 Jigal van Hemert wrote:

> Currently there is no need for an additional LTS version (only time will
> tell if it becomes necessary again). The main reason for 4.5 being LTS
> is that we wanted to drop IE6 support for the Backend.

This is developers point of view. But LTS has become more than that.
 From user point of view LTS has become a big success, since users can
choose LTS version for projects with focus on stability or non-LTS for
faster progress with new features.
This choice is IMHO very valueable for users. The feedback I get about
that is very positive.

So I'd say we do need an additional LTS as a successor of 4.5

P.S.
Of course all versions prior to 4.3 have been LTS too, although it was
not named LTS ;-)

--
cheers,
Steffen