[TYPO3-dev] [TYPO3-v4] Minutes of the 4th meeting of the 4.7 Release Team

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Tue Dec 13 13:02:10 CET 2011

Hi,

On 13-12-2011 12:03, Ivano Luberti wrote:
> Thanks Steffen, I suspected that , but I'm relatively new to this list
> and I wanted to be sure I didn't lose something.

Currently there is no need for an additional LTS version (only time will
tell if it becomes necessary again). The main reason for 4.5 being LTS
is that we wanted to drop IE6 support for the Backend. Some big
companies and organisations still seemed to need it.
To cut a long story (which has been told numerous times in the past)
short: Microsoft will have support for IE6 until their (extended)
support for Windows XP will end. This will happen in the first quarter
of 2014. It's no co-incidence that support for 4.5 LTS will end at the
same time.

--
Kind regards / met vriendelijke groet,

Jigal van Hemert.