[TYPO3-dev] Typoscript menu rendering and its caching

Bernd Wilke t3ng at pi-phi.tk
Wed Dec 7 13:22:51 CET 2011

On Wed, 07 Dec 2011 12:58:28 +0100, Frank Gerards wrote:

> Can somebody explain to me why the menu is rendered from scratch on
> every uncached page I hit

first thing which comes to mind:
on each page the ACTual and CURrent menu-entries are different.

if you do not render these (and similar) states the menu could be cached,
but how to tell the difference?

> and what is the default behavior to be expected ?

like it is?

for performance optimizing:
inspect the PHP-code. look for hooks.
optimize the code.
for core-optimization make a entry on forge and provide patches.
optimize your own code:
e.g. cache your userfunc-results where possible.

bernd
--
http://www.pi-phi.de/cheatsheet.html