[TYPO3-dev] Typoscript menu rendering and its caching

Frank Gerards F.Gerards at esolut.de
Wed Dec 7 12:58:28 CET 2011

Hi list,

I have a quite complex layered typoscript HMENU with userFunc (TYPO3
4.5.8), that takes 2100ms to render on an un-cached page.

My assumption about TYPO3 HMENU caching was, that if I hit a second
un-cached page, which for sure has the same menu structure (no
entryLevel or sth, all divs and ul/li elements with the same structure
were already rendered on the first un-cached page), that the HMENU would
be taken out of the cache.

Instead, TYPO3 renders the HMENU again for 2100ms. Only if the whole
page is cached , this menu-rendering is skipped.

My problem is, that with around 54.000 pages, 2100ms more for every
first-time page-hit (i.e. after a deploy) makes a huge difference ;).

Can somebody explain to me why the menu is rendered from scratch on
every uncached page I hit

and what is the default behavior to be expected ?

Regards,

frank