[TYPO3-dev] Questions about a Gerrit bugfix issue

Loek Hilgersom loek at netcoop.nl
Fri Dec 2 15:23:31 CET 2011

Hi all,

No friendly ghost this week? I'll just wait for a ghost friendly enough to dive
into this.

I have some questions regarding an bugfix I submitted to Gerrit.

The patch works, but now there is a critical question about it which I'd like to
discuss. Should I discuss that using the review-comments in Gerrit? Or if I
comment on the issue on forge, will the reviewers automatically receive a notice
of that?

Anyway, it concerns
http://forge.typo3.org/issues/32261
https://review.typo3.org/#change,7022

There is feedback (with a -1) concerning the fact that the patch also changes
or extends the functionality of the mkdir method and now I am wondering
a. where to discuss this?
b. if I would go ahead and change the functionality instead of only fixing the
bug, would I just submit that as a new issue (again, there are already several
related forge-issues about this), or as new patch set with a modified comment?
c. and of course, how to go ahead with the actual code? (I have a suggestion,
see below)

Meanwhile I found out that the bug was actually introduced by
http://forge.typo3.org/issues/26240 which was included in TYPO3 4.6. Reverting
that would solve the issue, we only loose the throwing of exceptions that was
also introduced.

Finally about the code: I actually prefer to merge the mkdir and mkdir_deep
methods and deprecate mkdir_deep. That would minimize the amount of code, and
mkdir would become more like an enhanced (typo3-)version of the php-mkdir.

Thanks,
Loek