[TYPO3-dev] Status of wiki.typo3.org

Nicolas de Haen typo3 at ndh-websolutions.de
Sun Aug 21 10:20:21 CEST 2011

Hi Francois,

I'm happy to hear that there are people working on this!

> One idea that we have in the documentation team is to use the
> wiki as a kind of nursery for manuals: people could start writing
> manuals in the wiki and when it meets enough criteria (like usefulness,
> completeness, well-written, etc.) it could graduate to be an official

I think that's a good idea, even if I don't understand really what means
"graduate to be an official". Does it mean it will be linked somwhere on
http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/ or does it mean,
someone will transfer it to typo3.org?

> This could motivate people who write in the wiki.
That's a very important issue. Did you also discuss the possibility to
allow people to add their name and a link to articles they wrote?
It has some cons (spamming?) but currently I see many, many small HowTos
in many blogs spread over the web. These people provide information and
benefit in a SEO sense, maybe such a possibility would motivate them to
contribute to the WIKI also.

> I would definitely do that on wiki.typo3.org.
Ok, then I will maintain the documentation there. Is the format
convertable/exportable? I just tried the XML export and that seems to be
VERY basic.

By the way: Currently the Extension development documentation at
wiki.typo3.org is really bad.
http://wiki.typo3.org/Overview_Developer_Manuals
The first 6 or 7 links are not very helpful. The security section is
missing important aspects (like POST/GET/FILE validation)

I will start a discussion about documentation of extension development
in the MVC list, since we already had some ideas at the extbase workshop
at TDD11.

reagrds,
Nico