[TYPO3-dev] Status of wiki.typo3.org

Nico de Haen typo3 at ndh-websolutions.de
Sat Aug 20 10:00:07 CEST 2011

Hi,

I just wanted to place some links to TYPO3 Extension API documentations
in the Introduction page of the ExtensionBuilder and had to realize that
the documentation is pretty wide spread over various sources.

We have an outdated Extension API documentation at typo3.org,
http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/core-documentation/doc_core_api/4.3.0/view/2/1/
(which can only be linked with the current version number)

We have an oudated Extension Development page on wiki.typo3.org
http://wiki.typo3.org/Extension_Development

We have the forge wiki pages
http://forge.typo3.org/projects/typo3v4-mvc/wiki

We have the FLOW3 fluid documentation
http://flow3.typo3.org/documentation/manuals/fluid/

I would like to provide documentation like the ExtensionBuilder manual
and various HowTos around extbase, but I don't want to do that more then
twice (currently the forge project wiki and the manual.swx in the
ExtensionBuilder).

So my question is: is there a general strategy how and where
documentation should be provided in the future?

regards,
Nico