[TYPO3-dev] Ideas of new features

Ingmar Schlecht ingmar at typo3.org
Sat Aug 6 16:26:27 CEST 2011

Hi Xavier,

Am 06.08.2011 15:36, schrieb Xavier Perseguers:
> Dear TYPO3 friends,
>
> As you know, we now entered the feature freeze phase of the TYPO3 4.6
> development journey.
>
> For sure, new ideas will still pop up until the final release, in
> October. However it does not make sense to push them to Gerrit until
> then as they cannot find their way in the 4.6 release anyway and it
> would only make harder to shorten the list of pending reviews.
>
> As such, my suggestion would be - if you cannot wait working on a patch
> - to attach your patch to the Forge bug tracker, just as we all used to
> do back then. As the ticket is marked as being a feature, it will be
> quite easy to overwork it and deal with it once TYPO3 4.6 will have been
> released and the development of 4.7 starts.

Yep, sounds like a good suggestion. And for bigger things with target
version 4.7 we also have the Incubator project on Forge [1], where
people can apply to get their own branch on the Git repo and develop in
a copy of the TYPO3 core there. Once 4.6 is released, these things can
than be pushed to the Core gerrit one by one.

cheers
Ingmar

[1] http://forge.typo3.org/projects/typo3v4-incubator