[TYPO3-dev] Ideas of new features

Xavier Perseguers xavier at typo3.org
Sat Aug 6 15:36:53 CEST 2011

Dear TYPO3 friends,

As you know, we now entered the feature freeze phase of the TYPO3 4.6
development journey.

For sure, new ideas will still pop up until the final release, in
October. However it does not make sense to push them to Gerrit until
then as they cannot find their way in the 4.6 release anyway and it
would only make harder to shorten the list of pending reviews.

As such, my suggestion would be - if you cannot wait working on a patch
- to attach your patch to the Forge bug tracker, just as we all used to
do back then. As the ticket is marked as being a feature, it will be
quite easy to overwork it and deal with it once TYPO3 4.6 will have been
released and the development of 4.7 starts.

Thanks for your help

--
Xavier Perseguers
Release Manager TYPO3 4.6