[TYPO3-dev] Loading a tap panel's content using ExtDirect in the frontend

Steffen Kamper info at sk-typo3.de
Fri Aug 5 11:18:57 CEST 2011

Hi,

Am 05.08.2011 11:11, schrieb François Suter:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm writing an ExtJS application in the TYPO3 frontend. In particular, I
> have a TabPanel where the content of each tab should be loaded via AJAX.
> Thus I'm trying to use ExtDirect for this, but I can't figure out what
> to put in my JavaScript to trigger an ExtDirect call.
>
> See the sample code below. For the first tab, I just hard-coded some
> content to make a try. For the second tab, what should I put (instead of
> the question mark) to trigger a call to some ExtDirect method?
>
> Ext.onReady(function() {
>
> var tabs = new Ext.TabPanel({
> renderTo: 'tx_myext_statsdisplay',
> id: 'tx_myext_stats_tabs',
> activeTab: 0,
> overCls: 'tab-hover',
> deferredRender: false,
> items: [{
> title: 'Tab 1',
> html: 'Hello'
> }, {
> title: 'Tab 2',
> ?
> }
> ]
> });
> });
>
> Thanks in advance for the help.

there are several ways.

1) you know that your new content should be in tab 2, so use an itemId
for tab2. In success of request update the html
tabs.getComponent('tab2').update(response.newHtml);

2) you want to show a new tab, send back config

return array(
   'success' => TRUE,
   'data' => array(
      'title' => 'New Tab',
      'html'  => 'new html'
   )

In success of request add new tab
tabs.add(response.data).show();

given example code is abstract but should help

vg Steffen