[TYPO3-dev] Git / Gerrit, no more subversion, can we help?

Christian Weiske christian.weiske at netresearch.de
Tue Aug 2 07:42:59 CEST 2011

Hello PHilipp,

> > I've got trouble reviewing
> >> https://review.typo3.org/#change,3860
> >
> > Clicking the "review" button does not give me any option to +1/0/-1
> > the patch. I guess this is because the patch has already been
> > merged, but that was not really obvious to me.
>
> Yes, you can vote for merged patches. That would not make sense.
>
> If something was commited, it can only be changed with another patch.
> According to our rules, this needs both a new forge issue and a
> review request.
>
> > Also, I could review the single files in the patch, but not the
> > whole patch.
>
> If you want to do that, you need to check it out and do "git diff
> HEAD^".

I'm more talking how the gerrit interface behaves when a patch has been
accepted and merged - it's inconsistent. There is a "review" button for
each single file diff, but the global patch-wide review button is
missing.

--
Viele Grüße
Dipl.-Inf. Christian Weiske

Senior Developer
Netresearch GmbH & Co. KG
Nonnenstraße 11d - 04229 Leipzig
T: +49 341 47842 16
F: +49 341 47842 29
http://www.netresearch.de - info at netresearch.de

Netresearch - Passion for eCommerce

http://www.netresearch.de/blog
http://www.facebook.com/netresearch
http://twitter.com/netresearch

Registergericht: AG Leipzig HRA 15614
Komplementär: Netresearch Beteiligungs GmbH, AG Leipzig HRB 17018
Geschäftsführer: Michael Ablass, Thomas Fleck