[TYPO3-dev] TYPO3 BE auth

J. Lingott jbl at deweblop.de
Fri Sep 17 14:32:55 CEST 2010

  Hello list,

my auth service extension is now authenticating a FE user properly and
additionally creates a BE login when logging in on the FE, if one of the
following conditions applies.
a) The external user is administrator or
b) the FE user is in a special FE usergroup.

This works, but now I can't login anymore to the BE of TYPO3. It doesn't
show any error or login failure message, just redirects to the login
form. Tried deleting caches and cookies, but yet it remains. As the auth
service as well should allow external admins to login to the TYPO3 BE
and because of the problem I am facing, I would need some way to debug
the BE login.

Dmitry Dulepov wrote:
>> can the backend login be extended in the same way as the frontend login,
>> or can an auth service extension cover both parts?
> Yes.

Thanks for that information. So, the getUser and authUser methods of the
auth service extension do get called on BE logins as well. Is it
possible to debug that somehow?

Regards

Joerg Lingott