[TYPO3-dev] TYPO3 BE auth

Bernhard Kraft kraftb at think-open.at
Wed Sep 8 12:27:58 CEST 2010

On 09/07/2010 05:54 PM, J. Lingott wrote:

> can the backend login be extended in the same way as the frontend login,
> or can an auth service extension cover both parts? What I am focusing on
> is being able to auth users from a foreign table (there are connected

Have also a look at the extension cc_ipauth:

Auth: IP Authentication
( cc_ipauth )

http://typo3.org/extensions/repository/view/cc_ipauth/current/

It is very simple and allows to authenticate FE/BE users against IP lists.
So no autologin, but login is accepted/denied based on there IPs.

There is a new version of this extension in TER: fe_ipauth which was created
by me and supports IPv6. But this one is only for FE users.

greetings,
Bernhard