[TYPO3-dev] Only showing a subset of items in a selectbox

Thomas "Thasmo" Deinhamer thasmo at gmail.com
Thu Sep 9 14:56:02 CEST 2010

Am 09.09.2010 09:32, schrieb Franz Koch:
> And as far as I understood it, this could happen in your case (like "The
> object was not of type Tx_YourExt_Domain_Model_Manufacurer. Given type
> was Tx_YourExt_Domain_Model_Person").

No no, sorry - that's not correct.

The allowed table is "tx_myext_domain_model_contact" only,
the user just has to select the correct record when using
the field type "group/db". (Like he would have to assign
"Robert Downey jr." but accidently selects "Robert Downey". -
that sort of "mistake" I'm refering to.)

The difference between a person and a corporation is only
determined by the type field - which is used by Extbase
via single table inheritance in the frontend.

(The extra field "dedication" was only a thought, an idea
how to flag/tag different contact records with a dedication
to filter for, when using a "select" field instead of
a "group/db" field.)

Sorry if that was unclear, it's a bit difficult for me to
explain those complicated stuff properly in English.

Thanks a lot,
Thomas