[TYPO3-dev] Only showing a subset of items in a selectbox

Franz Koch typo3.RemoveForMessage at elements-net.de
Thu Sep 9 09:32:11 CEST 2010

Hey Thomas,

>> but this doesn't prevent your editors from assigning the wrong record in
>> BE (like a person or a company with wrong dedication). That's what I
>> meant with error-prone.
>
> Sure, but that's imo just something what the editor is responsible for,
> I also can't "force" him to write correct texts nor can I e.g. get him
> to select correct parameters/categories for a product. (And even when I
> restrict the access to certain contact records, he still could select
> the wrong one.)
>
> Or did I misunderstand something?

no you didn't. Of course the editor can still make errors and assign the
wrong categories, manufacturer etc - we can't prevent that - but it
should not be possible for a editor to throw a exception/break your
application by selecting a wrong record type, should it? And as far as I
understood it, this could happen in your case (like "The object was not
of type Tx_YourExt_Domain_Model_Manufacurer. Given type was
Tx_YourExt_Domain_Model_Person").

--
kind regards,
Franz Koch