[TYPO3-dev] Rendering plugin output

Bernhard Kraft kraftb at think-open.at
Wed Sep 8 12:25:10 CEST 2010

On 09/01/2010 05:33 PM, J. Lingott wrote:

> I am working on a plugin which should include the rendered output of
> another plugin. I got the tt_content record, but am wondering what would
> be the best way to render the external plugin's output. It should be a
> fully rendered output just as if it was included on any page. As the
> external plugin to be included is stored in a system folder, I thought
> of just using a separate template for that folder and directly render
> its output. But this would have the disadvantage of not having separated
> contents, which would be preferable concerning the scope of the plugin.

You can simply define a TypoScript like:

lib.myExternalPlugin = RECORDS
lib.myExternalPlugin {
	tables = tt_content
	source.uid = UID_OF_PLUGIN
}

This will render the external plugin from within TypoScript. You can test this
by installing the extension "Content Element From TypoScript (tscobj)" and inserting
such an element on some page and pointing it to "lib.myExternalPlugin" ...

If this works you can use the "lib.myExternalPlugin" TypoScript from within
your own extension by creating code similar like described here:

http://wiki.typo3.org/index.php/TypoScript_-_PHP_Interaction#The_cObj_method

Hope this helps ;)

greetings,
Bernhard