[TYPO3-dev] Search tagged pages and show results by tree

Thomas "Thasmo" Deinhamer thasmo at gmail.com
Thu Sep 2 11:39:38 CEST 2010

Hello folks!

I'm looking for a way to tag pages with topics/phrases,
ideally those tags must be predefined somewhere separately,
from which an editor is able to choose tags from.

Then there should be a simple search form with autocompletion
which lists existing tags while typing. When choosing a tag/phrase
from the autocompletion dropdown-list, the form is submitted and
the resulting list is displayed.

The display of the result list should be splitted into three parts,
call them "categories" etc. - I think the best would be to just
display the resulting pages related to their 1st level page.

Example, search for "TYPO3":

PAGE TREE:
* Main 1
   - Page 1
   - Page 2 (tagged with 'TYPO3')
   - Page 3
* Main 2
   - Page 4
   - Page 5 (tagged with 'TYPO3')
   - Page 6 (tagged with 'TYPO3')
* Main 3
   - Page 7
   - Page 8
   - Page 9 (tagged with 'TYPO3')

RESULT LIST:
Main 1
- Page 2

Main 2
- Page 5
- Page 6

Main 3
- Page 9

Are there any extensions out there which would help me with
getting this done? Could I use the indexed search for this maybe?

Thanks a lot for helping me out,
Thomas