[TYPO3-dev] Deploy localconf.php from test to live system

Zachary Davis, Cast Iron Coding LLC zach at castironcoding.com
Wed Oct 27 21:09:49 CEST 2010

Not much of a drawback, though, if the only goal is to break out the DB
connection info for each environment, which is all we're trying to do.
We've never had a problem with the include being over-written, since
it's included near the top of the file.

In any case, it's certainly not ideal. But, for large projects, we have
to have ways to track the source effectively and to deploy across
multiple environments, so we do what we can. I'd love to see a future
release of TYPO3 that made it easier to break out environment-specific
settings, but the system isn't quite there yet.

Zach