[TYPO3-dev] References to locallang.php files in core - needed anymore?

Andreas Kiessling kiessling at pluspol.info
Sat Oct 9 22:51:21 CEST 2010

Hi Susanne,

> but what happens if the user has defined some custom labels overriding
> core labels with reference to locallang.php and now we change that in
> the core? His customized labels will be lost after an update.

That should do no harm either. The labels point to no longer existing
php files and when readLLfile is called with whatever/locallang.php, it
strips .php and checks if whatever/locallang.xml exists. If not found,
it checks whatever/locallang.php.

I am just suggesting to change the paths in the core files e.g. from
locallang_tca.php to locallang_tca.xml, because that's were the labels
are stored now.

If you have changed the tca in extTables.php or an extension so the
label points to another file in your fileadmin or an extension, then
this change would not affect you. If you use a core tca label pointing
to whatever/locallang.php, then this change would also not affect you,
because i have not modified readLLfile in it's behaviour towards that ;)

Regards,
Andreas