[TYPO3-dev] References to locallang.php files in core - needed anymore?

Steffen Gebert steffen at steffen-gebert.de
Thu Oct 7 19:53:38 CEST 2010

> I had to use
> ...['EXT:lang/locallang_tca.php'][]
> = 'PATH_TO_MY_XML';
> since the labels e.g. in t3lib/stddb/tables.php refer to the php file:
> 'label' => 'LLL:EXT:lang/locallang_tca.php:title',
>
> Is this some kind of backwards compatibility thing? Otherwise i will
> file a bug report, since i cannot remember having seen any locallang.php
> files for a loooong time ;)
Yes, I think it's meant by design that the file extension doesn't
matter. And yes, you have to override it using the same file extension
as it's accessed by the core/extension.

I once planned to change this behavior - when we would now get rid of
the .php in core, all the customizations wouldn't work anymore, thus we
need this compatibility layer.

Can you provide a patch? Seems like you already digged into the code ;)
This would be really great - I don't think I currently find the time to
change this (but would review the patch, of course!).

Kind regards
Steffen

--
Steffen Gebert