[TYPO3-dev] Logging in BE users from FE

J. Lingott jbl at deweblop.de
Thu Oct 7 16:49:47 CEST 2010

  J. Lingott wrote:
>  Hello list,
>
> what's the best way to get a backend user logged in from frontend, is
> there any built-in stuff that could be used?
>
> Currently am using my own implementation of method setSessionCookie,
> which is a protected method of the auth classes (plus insertion of a
> backend session). But unfortunately the value is getting set wrong.
> Deleting cookies helps, but there must be a way without... Is it just
> my routine that fails or does this issue happen always when trying to
> set a cookie for backend? I know some extensions use that, for
> instance feeditadvanced and simulatebe (by which the routine is
> inspired, just had to change it a bit as my setup is different: I am
> authenticating against a foreign table, with two types of users, some
> have dual relation (i.e. a backend and frontend user is related to one
> foreign user), some are just frontend users, if they got a special
> usergroup they have to be logged in to backend.
>
> Regards
>

> J. Lingott

Hello again,

can anyone tell me where the sources relating to BE user switching is
located? As the Problem actually only occurs if the user has an existing
cookie, when deleting it before logging in all is fine (whereas
resetting its value and setting it to expired doesn't). As the mentioned
routines seem to be doing actually just that (change the cookie/ BE
user), a look into it might help.

Regards

J. Lingott