[TYPO3-dev] indexed_search + crawler + Extbase-based extension's data

Steffen Kamper info at sk-typo3.de
Mon Oct 4 12:02:21 CEST 2010

Hi,

Dmitry Dulepov schrieb:
> Hi!
>
> Steffen Kamper wrote:
>> That brings in the question if crawler should be integrated in
>> indexed_search (a simplified one already is in).
>
> Theoretically crawler is not only about indexed search. It walsk the page
> tree and calls configured callbacks: indexed search, publishing, caching,
> etc. It would be good to have it separate exactly because it is not bound
> to indexed search.

this means let crawler a stand-alone ext. I'm fine with that, maybe even
core could use it for validating, or the planned linkvalidator ext.

> The main problem with crawler is the quality of the code. It is one of the
> worst that I ever saw...

For sure it has to be done with core-quality code before integrating. I
didn't looked at, but if you consider this, it doesn't sound very
reliable :)

vg Steffen