[TYPO3-dev] indexed_search + crawler + Extbase-based extension's data

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Mon Oct 4 11:43:37 CEST 2010

Hi,

> IIRC crawler can also be used with solr, so it already acts like a
> general site crawler. Maybe one could build other applications for
> crawling (link checking, page validating, ...) which can work together
> with crawler.

And it is also used to just generate the page cache, so it's not related
only to indexed_search. Anyway I guess the principle of the crawler is
nice and it would surely gain visibility if it became a sysext.

BTW the latest versions of the crawler already come with Scheduler tasks
AFAIK.

Cheers

--

Francois Suter