[TYPO3-dev] indexed_search + crawler + Extbase-based extension's data

Xavier Perseguers typo3 at perseguers.ch
Mon Oct 4 11:30:24 CEST 2010

Hi,

> On 4-10-2010 10:43, Steffen Kamper wrote:
>> That brings in the question if crawler should be integrated in
>> indexed_search (a simplified one already is in).
>
> IIRC crawler can also be used with solr, so it already acts like a
> general site crawler. Maybe one could build other applications for
> crawling (link checking, page validating, ...) which can work together
> with crawler.

Should be checked if that's already the case but yes. This is why I'd
like to have it as a sysext, just as scheduler for cron jobs. If this is
the case, then using crawler with indexed_search could be described in
indexed_search documentation. And crawler configuration could be left
"as-this" (with some updates of course). But we would get rid of
"crawler should be properly configured" in indexed_search.

Xavier