[TYPO3-dev] phpStorm

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Fri Nov 26 23:50:53 CET 2010

Hi,

On 26-11-2010 23:16, Steffen Kamper wrote:
> Steffen Gebert schrieb:
>> * great, fast auto-completion
I still type faster ;-)

>> * all kind of VCS supported
>> * nice to work on remote servers (upload directly while saving or
>> caching changes locally and deploying on user-demand)
>> * shelving of changes (didn't use it, but IIRC it's like putting
>> single changes to different changesets and later e.g. creating patches
>> for each changeset)
>>
>> and the best
>> * code intelligence! (almost) real-time code sniffing: detects unused,
>> uninitialized variables and other errors you or your colleagues made
>> during programming ;-)

This is indeed very handy!

> and even more better:
> * support of js frameworks (including jslint on-the-fly-validation)
> * only IDE i know which handles different languages in one file (html,
> js, php)
> * fast, fast, even faster
Starting phpStorm (1.02 or EAP) is still twice as slow as NetBeans
(6.9.1). Is you use a SSD then it's very fast.

And so far I haven't been able to edit Changelog. The spelling checker
prevents me from typing faster than about 5-30 seconds per character.

> * very fast and great search, replace, refactor
> * very intelligent
> * low pricing, many updates, good maintained
Eclipse and NetBeans are free; Okay EUR 88 for an individual license is
still far less than $300-400 for Komodo, but it's still not very low.

> * supporting open source projects like TYPO3
> * easy debug and help completing debug environment configuration
> * many more features i even don't touched until now

With all the auto formatting features (when pasting) and code checking
it's still the best IDE I've used so far.

--
Kind regards / met vriendelijke groet,

Jigal van Hemert
skype:jigal.van.hemert