[TYPO3-dev] Install tool

Steffen Gebert steffen at steffen-gebert.de
Thu Nov 18 22:27:46 CET 2010

Hi Robert,

thanks for your feedback!

> I also would like to point out that the install tool has a small
> inconvenience. It can be found unter "All Coniguration", quite at the
> bottom where there are the User- and Page and all the other TS fields.
> The - in my opinion most important - field "defaultTypoScript_setup"
> offers only an input field instead of a textarea to enter the TS.
I can't find such a field, neither in 4.4 nor in 4.5 - only
defaultTypoScript_constants and defaultTypoScript_editorcfg, which are
both textareas. Also scrolling through the list didn't make me find any
similar option using a textfield. Could you please look the name up again?

> Also, when using the update wizard, there is no back button after having
> installed one of the extensions. From a usability perspective this
> should most probably be changed.
Yes, this is a pretty well known and from everybody disliked situation.
However there was nobody getting his hands dirty to improve this (cruel)
part of TYPO3.

Kind regards
Steffen

--