[TYPO3-dev] Synchronise Features freeze and Bugdays

Benjamin Mack benni at typo3.org
Mon May 3 06:05:39 CEST 2010

Hey Patrick

On 03.05.10 03:05, Patrick Gaumond wrote:
> With the exploding CoreList (about 300 messages in since Friday's
> bugday) would it be a good idea to sync future Features Freeze and
> BugDays ?
I'd rather sync releases with events like T3DD10 - it's great that it
can serve as a kick off for 4.5 where we can develop new things directly
for the next version, and don't have the pressure of the feature freeze.
This way, maybe this "winter sleep" will not repeat during the
development phase of 4.5. What do you think?

> The energy is pretty good with Bugdays so I feel it's a pity that some
> nice features will have to wait another 9 months before 4.5 hits the
> streets so to say.
Remember, it took 18 months to develop 4.3... so we're getting better
here with the schedule ;-)

> Maybe we should hit Benni's head so he doesn't remember features freeze
> already happened... :)
Ha!

> Anyone?
Remember: Bug days are here to solve bugs, and happen monthly, so in
fact, I think it's quite good to focus on solving the last bugs for 4.4
during the next bugday; and not concentrate on the features. :)

All the best,
benni.