[TYPO3-dev] OpenOffice woes - content listed got messed up

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Wed Mar 31 15:50:38 CEST 2010

Ries van Twisk wrote:
> I did see this on a couple of extension when I was looking for manuals.
>
> I know about the solutions, but some people don't care.
> for the face of TYPO3 towards the cooperate world
> it doesn't look like if TYPO3 is 'up to the task'.

I know this type of people. Their view of the world is sometimes very odd.

> It's hard to explain to to some people that if TYPO3.org
> looks/functions like crap sometimes it can really do there job,

Part of the problem is lack of proper communication. If you clearly
state that the extensions and the manuals are the work of the extension
authors, .... blablabla, then it might become clear that "the people
behind TYPO3" do not have complete control over layout of a manual for
example.

> they where saying 'Well, the people behind TYPO3 should
> beable to fix it quite easy, yet ....... bl a bla bla... And I have
> to agree with them to some extend.

To some extend, yes. It's just that this type of person is not really
fit for a community driven project like TYPO3. The same people may have
a very distorted, positive view of products they like. The simple
realisation that every product has its pros and cons, and that you can
often find a solution with every product hasn't crossed their mind.

--
Jigal van Hemert.