[TYPO3-dev] OpenOffice woes - content listed got messed up

Ries van Twisk typo3 at rvt.dds.nl
Wed Mar 31 15:04:42 CEST 2010

On Mar 31, 2010, at 7:42 AM, Jigal van Hemert wrote:

> Ries van Twisk wrote:
>> I think it's a bug in how TER renders manual (I think you talk
>> about TER....),
>> Look horrible and un-professional towards the world.
>
> Come on! OpenOffice.org is not a strict XML editor for the subset
> which is supported by TER.
> There are some tools in OpenOffice.org writer to detect possible
> problems (show hidden characters, show outlines) and in TER is an
> extension to test the rendering yourself before uploading your manual.
>
> If you use the template and stick to the styles which must be used
> and to the described way to insert images, there are not many
> problems. There are examples for tables which you can copy and edit.
> Use Paste special and insert unformatted text to prevent problems.

Jigal,

I did see this on a couple of extension when I was looking for manuals.

I know about the solutions, but some people don't care.
for the face of TYPO3 towards the cooperate world
it doesn't look like if TYPO3 is 'up to the task'.

It's hard to explain to to some people that if TYPO3.org
looks/functions like crap sometimes it can really do there job,
they where saying 'Well, the people behind TYPO3 should
beable to fix it quite easy, yet ....... bl a bla bla... And I have
to agree with them to some extend.

Ries