[TYPO3-dev] Development/Integration/Staging/Production Practice for TYPO3

ben van 't ende ben at typo3.org
Mon Mar 29 10:10:33 CEST 2010

Heyla,

Today the question was raised to me how companies deal with advanced Staging.
That means separate Development/Integration/Staging/Production installations in
a structured process for website development that maximizes productivity and
reduces bugs that reach the user. Ofcourse TYPO3 features workspaces, but that
does not deal with new functionality/extensions in a TYPO3 project. Some former
client I once had used a custom script that would skip dynamic tables when
updating the whole installation if I remember correctly. There where many
disadvantages to that procedure as well and it could hardly be called bullet
proof. I did not encounter such a situation where a client needed that
functionality after that. I can imagine however that in a number of situations
this could be interesting.

Are there already any experiences around of having to deal with such a
situation? In what way would this be do-able in a TYPO3 environment?

gRTz

ben
--
TYPO3 Product Manager