[TYPO3-dev] Extension manual rendering went completely wrong - any idea how to fix it?

Tolleiv Nietsch info at tolleiv.de
Mon Mar 8 10:51:43 CET 2010

Thanks for the quick response and for collecting the problems with these
documents.

It still took nearly 1 hour until I figured what went wrong. Initially I
saw that the outline level of the textblocks was "2" and no matter what
I did it always returned to that value. After quite some time (and a
little frustration) I found the "Options > Outline Numbering" settings
and saw that this was completly messed up. After I fixed that it seemed
to work fine but I wasn't able to save the document because of some XML
error. After upgrading to the latest OpenOffice.org version I was able
to fix it and I had to manually fix the setting for every text block again.

Lot's of frustration factors and I can't really say when and why this
went wrong :(

So three additional things I do before I upload any extension to the TER:
  - Check the Outline Numbering settings (just in case)
  - Regenerate the ToC to see if it looks ok
  - walk through the document and check some of the blocks to see
whether they show the settings I expect...

I wonder why I never had such issues before ... anyways - thanks for
your help.

Cheers,
Tolleiv
--