[TYPO3-dev] Using TS-conf instead of a standard lang for conf?

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Sat Mar 6 13:35:21 CET 2010

Tomas Norre Mikkelsen wrote:
> Many said: "If i have to learn a new system, it should be based on
> standards i don't want to have to learn a language like TS too, if it
> was like xml / xslt or some other webstandard it was a diffent story"
>
> What is you comment on this and have this been diskussed in the
> dev-team before ? Could "we" make T3 stronger with a standard
> configuration language ?

Most of your questions have already been answered in "TypoScript Syntax
and In-depth Study" [1]

The t3editor in recent versions of TYPO3 has good syntax highlighting,
code completion suggestions, etc.

[1]
http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/core-documentation/doc_core_ts/4.2.0/view/1/3/#id4144385

--