[TYPO3-dev] TYPO3 4.4 introduction package and realUrl

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry.dulepov at gmail.com
Thu Jun 24 21:17:14 CEST 2010

Hi!

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] wrote:
> "If that goes successfully, an AJAX request is done to a realURL path"

Hmmm. How would this work in practice? There obviously had to be a special
page. It cannot be eID because eID cannot use RealURL. So there must be
always be a page. We can do that in the intro package but we can't ensure
that in any other case.

How do we ensure that this request is only made once? Doing these request
at every page loading is a major overhead. Let's suppose we set some flag
through the USER_INT on this page to make the request only once. But how do
we disable or enable RealURL? We can't modify TS easily from FE. We can
uninstall RealURL by modifying localconf.php but that means once
uninstalled, it will not be installed again because that code must run only
once...

Lots of issues here and I see many places where it can go wrong. Not that I
am against it but it is a very unstable solution in my opinion.

> That sounds nice and not at all "hackish". From the issue tracking I
> cannot really see if this was implemented or not. But the idea is nice
> and maybe realurl could use similar technique when being installed?

RealURL cannot. Extension Manager does not provide any means for the
extension to execute the code during installation. Also RealURL cannot
really call anything because it does not know what to call. When I create
my sites, I install all extensions before I create pages. So no check
possible...

I have no ideas how to check it reliably. I do not want to kill ideas of
such check but the check has to be reliable.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 expert / TYPO3 core&security teams member