[TYPO3-dev] New Look BE

Susanne Moog info at susannemoog.de
Tue Jun 22 17:58:47 CEST 2010

Hi Graham,

On 22.06.2010 17:44, Graham Solomon wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just thought I would mention this as it took me about half an hour
> before I realised what the issue was.
>
> I just upgraded one of our test websites to TYPO3 4.4 RC2 to checkout
> the new features and test a few things, when I did so the BE was being
> rendered without any CSS and therefore unusable, at first I thought it
> was an issue with the compression so I spent some time on that, adding
> the new .htaccess rules, nothing worked.
>
> I was about to give up, but had a thought, as we were using the
> "classic" skin, not "t3skin" if that could be the issue, I loaded t3skin
> via the local conf, deleted temp_* files and everything worked fine...
>
> We have been using the old skin as our users are not the best at coping
> with change, so every upgrade we would not install t3skin, I would be
> suprised if we were the only ones, I think there needs to be a check
> somewhere for this, perhaps the install tool upgrade page?

thanks for reporting your experiences, I guess we will see some more
posts about this ;) But there actually is an update wizard that checks
whether t3skin is installed and tells you to install it if you are not
using it already. So if you went to Install Tool > Update wizard you
should see it.

Best regards,

Susanne