[TYPO3-dev] SQL parameter binding

Peter Lind peter.e.lind at gmail.com
Mon Jun 14 14:30:23 CEST 2010

On 14 June 2010 14:14, Steffen Kamper <info at sk-typo3.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Peter Lind schrieb:
>>
>> On 14 June 2010 13:10, Dmitry Dulepov <dmitry.dulepov at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi!

>>> I did not do any decision based on these posts. I did not do any research
>>> on this topic, which I clearly indicated in my post. And I wrote that a
>>> real research would find more interesting numbers.
>>>
>>> Please, read before saying :)
>>
>> You mean to say you posted those links for no reason? Seriously, if
>> you didn't think those blog posts might hold interesting information,
>> why did you post them?
>>

> sry, for what reason are you ranting? Dmitry said "from quick google ...",
> nothing more. If you have more relevant data, please post this instead
> personal discussion which leads to nothing.

Sorry for that. I was just under the impression that when you make
statements like:

> And much slower than MySQL drivers...

The onus is on you to back your statements up. When you then refer to
a quick google search with posts from 2006 it's very hard to take
serious.
 But sure, I can do some very basic checks.

Running 10000 queries that are very close to each other but not identical.

mysq_query: 80 secs
pdo::query: 80 secs

Running the same 10000 queries but with escaping/prepared statements.

mysql_query + mysql_real_escape_string: 80 secs
pdo::prepare + pdo_statement::execute: 1.5 secs

That should make it obvious that this is comparing apples to oranges
and that blanket statements like "much slower than mysql drivers"
don't hold much value.

Sorry if I come across as ranting, I just don't like to see statements
like the above stand unopposed when they're clearly problematic.

Regards
Peter

--
<hype>