[TYPO3-dev] Survey: php editor / IDE

Ries van Twisk typo3 at rvt.dds.nl
Sun Jun 13 16:05:16 CEST 2010

On Jun 13, 2010, at 8:52 AM, Jigal van Hemert wrote:

> Jacco van der Post wrote:
>> Op 9-3-2010 9:46, Jigal van Hemert schreef:
>>> In NetBeans I added in Tools > Options > PHP > General the folder
>>> with
>>> my local copy of the TYPO3 trunk to the 'Global Include Path'.
>>>
>> Hmm I am trying Netbeans now. Thanks, nice tip. Only the scanning
>> is slow, especially the 1st time. I have a local Ubuntu server on
>> which my sites are developed and a PC on which I put the trunk. I
>> guess scanning is part of the deal?
>
> I start up NetBeans at the beginning of the day and I have almost
> always a few files open that I'm working on. I guess it will scan
> the trunk when it starts this way and by the time I want to open
> another file it already has the information in memory.
>
> For quick editing I use a simple editor like PHPad, but when I need
> the bells and whistles of an IDE I have to accept that it takes some
> time to get started.

I had issues with SVN and Netbeans one day.
It turned out that netbeans would scan very large amount of
directories, even outside SVN,
that slowed down netbeans dramatically. For now I just removed the SVN
plugin, it netbeans
is very fast.

If you are using xdebug and netbeans they you might want to
comment out in the source from xDebug the CLASSNAME node,
then you need to re-compile and install xdebug again.
This will prevent netbeans repeating the CLASSNAME in your variable
window
over and over again.

Ries
tags: Freelance TYPO3 Glassfish JasperReports JasperETL Flex Blaze-DS
WebORB PostgreSQL DB-Architect
email: ries at vantwisk.nl        web:   http://www.rvantwisk.nl/
skype: callto://r.vantwisk
Phone: +1 (803) 426-3350