[TYPO3-dev] Backend User on a different PID

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry.dulepov at gmail.com
Sun Jun 13 08:37:12 CEST 2010

Hi!

Xavier Perseguers wrote:
> As the number of records grows, for instance with >1000 FE users, the
> management becomes quite unusable as this list eats up resources and is
> not efficient anymore.

There is a serious limitation in TYPO3: everything has to be on pages. It
made sense a couple of years ago but now I would make it differently. There
should be storages for records. Each record type can go only to its own
storage type. This way several good things happen:
- the concept of pages is not abused (page is something that have
user-visible items on it, like on in a book or a magazine)
- no more scratching your head trying to understand if FE users can relate
to workspaces (other objects on pages can, why FE users can't? etc)
- storages do not allow mixing various types of data, which is good
- different storage types can be easily identified by different icons
and/or by grouping

But this is a major change of architecture and I doubt it is easy to implement.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 expert / TYPO3 core&security teams member