[TYPO3-dev] pages of type "shortcut" in TMENU not having proper item states?

Joerg Wagner [DigiLog] lists.typo3.org at digilog.de
Thu Jun 10 21:18:23 CEST 2010

 > The problem is not, if a shortcut can be CUR or ACT, but if two pages
can be CUR at the same time.
 > By definition a "shortcut" is no page you can be "on", so IMHO there
is no reason for CUR being a state of a shortcut page.

I would say that this does not depend on definitions, but on the
intended usage. In most of my projects I would not be interested in
shortcuts showing the status of the target page - as I explain in my
discontiguous menu items are marked as active at the same time.
But there surely are scenarios that absolutely require exactly this:
shortcuts that follow the status of their target page.

So the cleanest solution would be to make this configurable. Either
globally (which would be very easy to implement) or - definitely the
king's road - on a per shortcut basis.

Cheers, Jörg.