[TYPO3-dev] pages of type "shortcut" in TMENU not having proper item states?

JoH asenau info at cybercraft.de
Thu Jun 10 20:19:48 CEST 2010

>> No, it does not. But it at least respects the access options of the
>> target page: shortcut hides if target page link hides (e.g. due to
>> access restrictions of the target page).
>> Anyhow in most to all of my implementations it would be confusing for
>> the user to have the shortcut show an ACT or CUR state in addition to
>> the target ACT/CUR. Two menu items hilited at the same time in
>> different locations of the menu is IMHO not very intuitive.
>
> IIRC I created a patch for this once. Should be in bugtracker I think.
> But Joey and I disagreed at the point if a Shortcut can be CUR or ACT.
> I'd say yes, as the target page is relevant in this case, but he said
> no IIRC.

The problem is not, if a shortcut can be CUR or ACT, but if two pages can be CUR at the same time.
By definition a "shortcut" is no page you can be "on", so IMHO there is no reason for CUR being a state of a shortcut page.

Of course a shortcut might be ACT when it points to a subpage or another page in the branch below this particular shortcut.
But this is already the case, so we would be talking about a shortcut pointing to a certain page of a completely different branch .
IMHO the expected result should be: Shortcut has NO state while the target page is CUR. Anything else would be misleading.

Just my 2 cent

Joey

Dieter Nuhr, German comedian
Xing: http://contact.cybercraft.de