[TYPO3-dev] Workspaces and multiple language problems with creation of new page languages

Stephen Bungert stephenbungert at yahoo.de
Fri Jun 4 10:47:31 CEST 2010

Hello,

I'm having some problems with workspaces and multiple languages.

I have content editors who work in a draft workspace - not the default
draft, just one that i create for each site - by the way, is there anyway I
can delete the default draft?

I find that they can't create new page translations, or change the titles of
page translations. I have to do this in the Live Workspace.

If they try and change the alternative page title, or create a alternative
page translation, and I publish it - the whole page translation is deleted
and the langauge has no translation anymore. I tried this my self (logged in
as Admin) and then tried to publish the changes that I had made to the
alternative page language. Instead of publishing it the alternative page
language for the language that I changed was deleted from live.

I'm certain that this is not a problem with the editors be user group as the
same happened to me (as admin). I also tested to see if the content editors
could create normal pages. They could and they showed up in Live too, it
seems to be just the alternative page translations.

Is there something I'm not doing that I should?

Stephen.