[TYPO3-dev] [TYPO3-core] RFC #12679: Pagemodule don't show clipboard paste icon when there is no content

Steffen Kamper info at sk-typo3.de
Thu Jul 15 19:38:40 CEST 2010

Hi Reinhard,

Reinhard Führicht schrieb:
> But what would be the perfect behavior?
>
> - If I copy a record from default language to lets say French:
> -- Copy record with translations?
> -- Copy record and delete translations?
> -- Copy record, delete translations and translate the record itself so
> that a [Translate to french:] will be inserted if defined?

As we in page module we only handle content elements, so tt_content records.
I try to summarize expected behavior:

* copy record to other language, same page: translate record, don't
touch existing translations
* copy record to other language, different page: translate record, copy
original record and existing translations to other page

* move record to other language, same page: i would forbid this, makes
no sense. Best is don't render paste icons.
* move record to other language, other page: i would forbid this too.
only moving original record makes sense, then move translations too.

This extra logic is needed, copy&move in list module behaves the same,
but there is no single view of languages.

If i forgot something, please add (anybody).

vg Steffen